We have all used pesticides in and around our homes at least once. They are used to kill or decrease pest populations. Even though they target pests, we must be careful when using them since they can affect our health and the environment. Promotores will come to a greater understanding of the diverse types of pesticides, associated health risks, and pest management alternatives.
- Understand the definition of a pesticide.
- Learn about the different types of pesticides.
- Acquire information about the risks associated with the use of pesticides.
- Familiarity with pesticide safe handling.
- Interpret pesticide labels and images.
- Define integrated pest management and other pesticide alternatives.
Statement by the Authors
Brief quotations from these modules are allowed without special permission, provided that accurate acknowledgement of the source is made. Requests for permission for extended quotation from or reproduction of this manuscript in whole or in part may be granted by the copyright holder.
(Suggested citation: Baker, P. & Moreno Ramirez, D. (2013). Promotor Transferable Training Module on Pesticides. Retrieved from: http://superfund.arizona.edu/learning-modules/promotor-modules/pesticides.)